MIARNG First Sergeant / Detachment Sergeant Statewide Vacancy Announcement Request
- Advertisement number: 18-008
- Closing Date: 6 April 2018
- Address, city, state, ZIP: Howell, MI
- Unit name, PRN, and UIC: HHC 156TH ESB
- Para/Lin: 102-02
- MOS: 25W5M
- Send packets to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Point of contact: SFC Anthony W. Reimer at (734)946-2593 or Anthony.email@example.com
- Master Sergeants or promotable Sergeants First Class qualified in the applicable career management field. To apply, MSGs or SFCs must have been selected during the Best Qualified Leader Board (BQLB) for AY 2018. The 1SG best-qualified list is available on the EPS SharePoint page at: https://mi-guard3.ng.ds.army.mil/Staff/G1/EPS/Pages/EPM.aspx. Additionally, SFCs must be on the current E7 to E8 promotion list to apply.
- In accordance with NGR 600-5, NGB Policy Memorandum 11-028, and MIARNG CLASP Policy memo dated 2 Nov 17, AGR Sergeants First Class are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants cannot be under suspension of favorable actions, must have a current, valid record APFT and current weigh-in IAW Army body composition standards. Applicants must meet the position security clearance requirement. Soldiers without a current PHA may apply but, if selected, will not be promoted until the PHA is current.
- CLASP: AGR & MILTECHs: AGR and MILTECH applicants must request a CLASP waiver when applying. Blank forms and memo templates are posted to SharePoint under Enlisted Promotion Management -> SWVA -> CLASP templates. Promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment are contingent on approval of the CLASP waiver. The effective date of promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment will be the date the CLASP waiver is approved.
How to apply: Refer to the MIARNG Senior NCO checklist (available to download at: https://mi-guard3.ng.ds.army.mil/Staff/G1/EPS/Pages/EPM.aspx). Assemble documents and submit to address or email identified above by the closing date.
Applicant responsibilities: Review Army Military Human Resources Record (AMHRR), to include iPERMS file and record brief. The selection board will objectively review applicants using the whole Soldier concept, evaluating performance and potential. It is the responsibility of every applicant to ensure their AMHRR is accurate and up-to-date.