MIARNG Detachment Sergeant Statewide Vacancy Announcement Request
- Advertisement number: 18-037
- Closing Date: 9 May 2018
- Address, city, state, ZIP: 4400 E 8 Mile Rd Detroit, MI 48234
- Unit name, PRN, and UIC: 1225 Support Battalion
- Para/Lin: 110/02
- MOS: 92A4M
- Send packets to: MSG Fabus, Meranda, Meranda.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Point of contact: SSG Chanda Rogers, email@example.com, 313-957-6546
- Sergeants First Class or promotable Staff Sergeants qualified in the applicable career management field. Staff Sergeants must meet promotion pin-on requirements (on current promotion list with SLC complete) to apply.
- Applicants for Detachment Sergeant positions need not have been selected on the best-qualified board.
- Applicants cannot be under suspension of favorable actions, must have a current, valid record APFT and current weigh-in IAW Army body composition standards. Applicants must meet the position security clearance requirement. Soldiers without a current PHA may apply but, if selected, will not be promoted until the PHA is current.
- CLASP: AGR & MILTECHs: AGR and MILTECH applicants must request a CLASP waiver when applying. Blank forms and memo templates are posted to SharePoint under Enlisted Promotion Management -> SWVA -> CLASP templates. Promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment are contingent on approval of the CLASP waiver. The effective date of promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment will be the date the CLASP waiver is approved.
How to apply: Refer to the MIARNG Senior NCO checklist (available to download at: https://mi-guard3.ng.ds.army.mil/Staff/G1/EPS/Pages/EPM.aspx). Assemble documents and submit to address or email identified above by the closing date.
Applicant responsibilities: Review Army Military Human Resources Record (AMHRR), to include iPERMS file and record brief. The selection board will objectively review applicants using the whole Soldier concept, evaluating performance and potential. It is the responsibility of every applicant to ensure their AMHRR is accurate and up-to-date.