MIARNG Command Sergeant Major Statewide Vacancy Announcement Request
- Advertisement number: 18-069
- Closing Date: 7 June 2018
- Address, city, state, ZIP: 725 Isbell St., Howell, MI 48843
- Unit name, PRN, and UIC: 156 Expeditionary Signal Battalion, 560, PCUT0
- Para/Lin: 101/03
- MOS: 00F
- Send packets to: email@example.com or 12450 Beech Daly Road, Taylor, MI 48180
- Point of contact: MSG John Gebhard
- Sergeants Major, First Sergeants, or Master Sergeants selected during the Best Qualified Leader Board (BQLB) for AY 2018. The CSM best-qualified list is available on the EPS SharePoint page at: https://mi-guard3.ng.ds.army.mil/Staff/G1/EPS/Pages/EPM.aspx. MSGs must be on the current E8 to E9 promotion list to apply.
- Eligible for enrollment into the United States Army Sergeants Major Academy (USASMA). Soldiers who have attended USASMA, but not did not graduate for any reason other than hardship are not eligible to apply.
- Soldiers must be able to complete the latest of the following service obligations: 2 years from completion of resident USASMA, 3 years from the date of promotion to E9, and one year after appointment to Command Sergeant Major.
- Medically qualified to perform CSM duties on a worldwide basis in a field environment (AR 40-501)
- Must be a professional leader with the qualities to perform CSM duties as identified in DA PAM 611-21, chapter 10.
- Must be eligible for immediate reenlistment or extension without regard to time remaining to ETS.
- In accordance with NGR 600-5, NGB Policy Memorandum 11-028, and MIARNG CLASP Policy memo dated 2 Nov 17, Active Guard Reserve (AGR) MSGs are ineligible.
- Applicants cannot be under suspension of favorable actions, must have a current, valid record APFT and current weigh-in IAW Army body composition standards. Applicants must meet the position security clearance requirement. Soldiers without a current PHA may apply but, if selected, will not be promoted until the PHA is current.
- CLASP: AGR & MILTECHs: AGR and MILTECH applicants must request a CLASP waiver when applying. Blank forms and memo templates are posted to SharePoint under Enlisted Promotion Management -> SWVA -> CLASP templates. Promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment are contingent on approval of the CLASP waiver. The effective date of promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment will be the date the CLASP waiver is approved.
How to apply: Refer to the MIARNG Senior NCO checklist (available to download at: https://mi-guard3.ng.ds.army.mil/Staff/G1/EPS/Pages/EPM.aspx). Assemble documents and submit to address or email identified above by the closing date.
Applicants must: Review their Army Military Human Resources Record (AMHRR), to include iPERMS file and record brief. The selection board will objectively review applicants using the whole Soldier concept, evaluating performance and potential. It is the responsibility of every applicant to ensure their AMHRR is accurate and up-to-date.