MIARNG SGT-MSG Statewide Vacancy Announcement Request
- Advertisement number: 18-102
- Closing date: 21 June 2018
- Address, city, state, ZIP: 3423 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Lansing, MI 48906
- Unit name, PRN, and UIC: HHC, 46th Military Police Command, 700, P3QAA
- Para/Lin: 115/08 UPDATE 5/31/2016 — Para/Lin is changed to 115-09.
- MOS: 27D2O
- Duty title: Court Reporter
- Position rank or grade: SGT
- Minimum rank to apply: SPC
- Send packets to: HHC, 46th MP CMD, 3423 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Lansing, MI 48906 or Eric.J.Beavervogel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Point of contact: SFC Eric Beavervogel
MOS Qualification: Soldiers do not have to be MOS qualified to apply; however, must be able to be awarded the MOS in accordance with DA PAM 611-21.
- Physical demands rating: Light
- OPAT level: Moderate
- PULHES: 222121
- Vision: N/A
- ASVAB score requirements:
- A minimum score of 110 in aptitude area CL in Armed Services Vocational aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January 2002.
- A minimum score of 107 in aptitude area CL on ASVAB tests administered on and after 2 January 2002 and prior to 1 July 2004.
- A minimum score of 105 in aptitude area CL on ASVAB tests administered on and after 1 July 2004.
- Security clearance: Secret
- Civilian Education: Must have, at a minimum, a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Other requirements:
- Successful display of typing a minimum of 25 words per minute (WPM) or with a typing test administered with industry-standard computer software (e.g. Mavis Beacon).
- The Soldier must be a U.S. citizen. Requirements to be a U.S. citizen is effective 1 June 2005 for all new accessions into MOS 27D. Requirement to be a U.S. citizen is effective 1 October 2008 for all Soldiers holding MOS 27D who entered service prior to 1 June 2005.
- No court‑martial conviction or punishment under formal Article 15 proceedings. (Formal Article 15 waivable by HQDA (AHRC-EPM-A) with OTJAG approval).
- No record of civil conviction other than minor traffic offenses. (Minor non‑traffic offense civil conviction waivable by HQDA (AHRC-EPM-A), with OTJAG approval.)
- No record of lost time under 10 U.S.C. 972, see appendix 3, MCM. (Waivable by HQDA (AHRC-EPM-A) with OTJAG approval.)
- No pattern of undesirable behavior as evidenced by civilian or military record.
- No record of conviction by special or general courts-martial or civilian courts of offenses listed in AR 27-10 (Military Justice), chapter 24 or otherwise required to register as a sexual offender under AR 27-10, chapter 24.
- Formal training (completion of full 10 week, 3 day, MOS 27D course, 512-27D10, conducted under the auspices of the U.S. Army Quartermaster School, Paralegal Specialist Course) mandatory for all Soldiers. Prior service as a paralegal in sister services does not meet required Army paralegal qualifications. (Active Component: available only to SPC(P) and below. Those promoted after the day of reenlistment/reservation will be trained. Request for waiver for non-promotable SGT may be submitted to OTJAG, Regimental Command Sergeant Major, ATTN: DAJA-RCSM; Reserve Component and National Guard: Available only to SGT and below. Request for waiver for SSG through MSG may be submitted to OTJAG, Regimental Command Sergeant Major, ATTN: DAJA-RCSM.
- Paralegal certification by The Judge Advocate General (TJAG), per Army Regulation (AR) 27-1, Judge Advocate Legal Services.
- Applicants cannot be under suspension of favorable actions, must have a current, valid record APFT and current weigh-in IAW Army body composition standards. Applicants must meet the position security clearance requirement. Soldiers without a current PHA may apply but, if selected, will not be promoted until the PHA is current.
- CLASP: Refer to current MIARNG CLASP Policy to determine whether a waiver is needed. Further CLASP information (including technician compatibility information) is available from the MIARNG HRO office. If a waiver is required, blank forms and memo templates are posted to SharePoint under Enlisted Promotion Management -> SWVA -> CLASP templates. Promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment are contingent on approval of the CLASP waiver. The effective date of promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment will be the date the CLASP waiver is approved.
To apply, assemble a packet with the following documents:
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying
- Memorandum to the President of the Board
- Letter of endorsement from current commander (unless currently on the promotion list)
- GPVS-1790 Individual personnel qualification record or enlisted record brief
- Last three years’ worth of DA Form 705 or DTMS APFT history screenshot
- DA Form 3349 Profile (if applicable)
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeded screening table weight or DTMS weigh-in history screenshot.
- DA Form 4187 waiving normal commuting distance (if applicable)
- Other documents:
- DA Forms 1059
- All NCOERs in the last three years (if applicable)