MIARNG SGT-MSG Statewide Vacancy Announcement Request
- Advertisement number: 18-103
- Closing date: 20 June 2018 08 July 2018
- Address, city, state, ZIP: 3423 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Lansing, MI 48906
- Unit name, PRN, and UIC: HHC, 46th Military Police Command, 700, P3QAA
- Para/Lin: 117-03
- MOS: 31B5B
- Duty title: Inspector General NCO
- Position rank or grade: MSG
- Minimum rank to apply: SFC
- Send packets to: HHC, 46th MP CMD, 3423 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Lansing, MI 48906 or Eric.J.Beavervogel.email@example.com
- Point of contact: SFC Eric Beavervogel
MOS Qualification: Soldiers must be MOS qualified to apply.
- Physical demands rating: Significant (Gray)
- OPAT level: N/A Soldiers must be MOS qualified to apply
- PULHES: 222221
- Vision: Red/green color discrimination.
- ASVAB score requirements: N/A Soldiers must be MOS qualified to apply
- Security clearance: Secret
- Civilian Education: High School graduate or GED equivalency, or an Associate’s Degree
- Other requirements: To qualify, Soldiers must also—(2) Not be on AIs [Assignment Instructions].(4) Have 36 months service remaining or be eligible to extend or reenlist(6) Have no record of punishment under Article 15, UCMJ or MCMJ; conviction by court-martial; general officer letters of reprimand filed in the official military personnel file; or derogatory information contained in IG records as screened by the U.S. Army Inspector General Agency (USAIGA).(8) Have an “A” or “B” profile serial code and a “1” under “S” factor of physical profile.(10) Serve no consecutive details as an IG. The Inspector General may approve consecutives details as an exception to policy with the specific consent of the NCO concerned.(12) Meet body composition requirements as outlined in AR 600-9.(14) Possess and maintain a secret-level security clearance.
- (15) Remain in a deployable status for all required areas.
- (13) Receive a passing score on the Army physical fitness test within the last 6 months.
- (11) Present good military bearing and appearance.
- (9) Have broad experience and an Army background that reflects outstanding performance and demonstrated potential for future service.
- (7) Have no record of civil conviction, except for minor offenses.
- (5) Display moral attributes and personal traits that demonstrate adherence to Army Values.
- (3) Be high school graduates or have GED equivalency; or award of an Associate’s Degree
- (1) Be citizens of the United States (by birth or naturalization).
- Applicants cannot be under suspension of favorable actions, must have a current, valid record APFT and current weigh-in IAW Army body composition standards. Applicants must meet the position security clearance requirement. Soldiers without a current PHA may apply but, if selected, will not be promoted until the PHA is current.
- CLASP: Refer to current MIARNG CLASP Policy to determine whether a waiver is needed. Further CLASP information (including technician compatibility information) is available from the MIARNG HRO office. If a waiver is required, blank forms and memo templates are posted to SharePoint under Enlisted Promotion Management -> SWVA -> CLASP templates. Promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment are contingent on approval of the CLASP waiver. The effective date of promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment will be the date the CLASP waiver is approved.
To apply, assemble a packet with the following documents:
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying
- Memorandum to the President of the Board
- Letter of endorsement from current commander (unless currently on the promotion list)
- GPVS-1790 Individual personnel qualification record or enlisted record brief
- Last three years’ worth of DA Form 705 or DTMS APFT history screenshot
- DA Form 3349 Profile (if applicable)
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeded screening table weight or DTMS weigh-in history screenshot.
- DA Form 4187 waiving normal commuting distance (if applicable)
- Other documents:
- DA Forms 1059
- Current/Accurate Enlisted Record Brief (as required for IG nomination packet IAW AR 614-200)
- All NCOERs in the last 10 years (as required for IG nomination packet IAW AR 614-200)