MIARNG SGT-MSG Statewide Vacancy Announcement Request
- Advertisement number: 18-105
- Closing date: 28 June 2018
- Address, city, state, ZIP: 3030 McGraw, Detroit, MI 48208
- Unit name, PRN, and UIC: 182 Support Company, 436, P9VAA
- Para/Lin: 105/04
- MOS: 89B2O
- Duty title: Ammunition Sergeant
- Position rank or grade: SGT/E-5
- Minimum rank to apply: SPC
- Send packets to: email@example.com
- Point of contact: SSG Sean A. Nickson, BN PSNCO,313-899-1135
MOS Qualification: Soldiers do not have to be MOS qualified to apply; however, must be able to be awarded the MOS in accordance with DA PAM 611-21.
- Physical demands rating: Moderate
- OPAT level: Moderate (Gold)
- PULHES: 222221
- Vision: Normal Color Vision
- ASVAB score requirements:
- A minimum score of 100 in aptitude area ST in Armed Services Vocational aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January 2002.
A minimum score of 96 in aptitude area ST on ASVAB tests administered on and after 2 January 2002 and prior to 1 July 2004.
A minimum score of 91 in aptitude area ST on ASVAB tests administered on and after 1 July 2004.
- Security clearance: A security access of favorable National Agency Check (NAC) or Entrance National Agency Check (ENTNAC), per AR 370-67, paragraph 3-613.
- Civilian Education:
- Other requirements:
- Formal training (completion of MOS 89B course conducted under the auspices of the USAOMMCS) to include Phase II MOS training for RC personnel is mandatory.
- Non-allergic to explosive components.
- Non-claustrophobic tendencies.
- A U.S. citizen.
- Applicants cannot be under suspension of favorable actions, must have a current, valid record APFT and current weigh-in IAW Army body composition standards. Applicants must meet the position security clearance requirement. Soldiers without a current PHA may apply but, if selected, will not be promoted until the PHA is current.
- CLASP: Refer to current MIARNG CLASP Policy to determine whether a waiver is needed. Further CLASP information (including technician compatibility information) is available from the MIARNG HRO office. If a waiver is required, blank forms and memo templates are posted to SharePoint under Enlisted Promotion Management -> SWVA -> CLASP templates. Promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment are contingent on approval of the CLASP waiver. The effective date of promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment will be the date the CLASP waiver is approved.
To apply, assemble a packet with the following documents:
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying
- Memorandum to the President of the Board
- Letter of endorsement from current commander (unless currently on the promotion list)
- GPVS-1790 Individual personnel qualification record or enlisted record brief
- Copy of latest three NCOERs. If you do not have a minimum of three NCOERs, a letter of recommendation or written performance evaluation (within 30 days of closing date) from Soldier’s commander or military supervisor MUST be provided
- Last three years’ worth of DA Form 705 or DTMS APFT history screenshot
- DA Form 3349 Profile (if applicable)
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeded screening table weight or DTMS weigh-in history screenshot.
- DA Form 4187 waiving normal commuting distance (if applicable)
- Other documents: NCOERs, ERB