MIARNG SGT-MSG Statewide Vacancy Announcement Request
- Advertisement number: 18-109
- Closing date: 25 July 2018
- Address, city, state, ZIP: 2501 26th Street, bldg. 2900, Augusta, MI 49012
- Unit name, PRN, and UIC: 177th Regiment (RTI), W8GEAA/116
- Para/Lin: 003A-02 (3 VACANCIES)
- MOS: 31B38
- Duty title: INSTRUCTOR
- Position rank or grade: SSG
- Minimum rank to apply: SGT
- Send packets to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Point of contact: SFC Kowalski, Jessica R. at (269) 731-6566 or email@example.com.
MOS Qualification: Soldiers must be MOS qualified to apply.
- Physical demands rating: Moderately Heavy
- OPAT level: Significant
- PULHES: 222221
- Vision: Color Discrimination of red/green
- ASVAB score requirements: 95 ST Score if administered prior to 02JAN2002, 92 ST Score if administered from 02JAN2002 – 30JUN2002, 92 ST if administered on or after 01JUL2004.
- Security clearance: Secret
- Civilian Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Other requirements: Have a minimum 4 years military service. Have served at least 3 years within the last 5 years in the 31B MOS (Non-Instructor position). Have held a 31B leadership assignment for at least 1 year within the last 3 years (Non-instructor position). Have three years remaining in-service upon arrival at assignment or be eligible to reenlist or extend to meet the requirements. Possess mature judgment and initiative. Have instructor qualification or eligible to become instructor qualified; communicate clear and concise instructions without impediment.
- Applicants cannot be under suspension of favorable actions, must have a current, valid record APFT and current weigh-in IAW Army body composition standards. Applicants must meet the position security clearance requirement. Soldiers without a current PHA may apply but, if selected, will not be promoted until the PHA is current.
- CLASP: Refer to current MIARNG CLASP Policy to determine whether a waiver is needed. Further CLASP information (including technician compatibility information) is available from the MIARNG HRO office. If a waiver is required, blank forms and memo templates are posted to SharePoint under Enlisted Promotion Management -> SWVA -> CLASP templates. Promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment are contingent on approval of the CLASP waiver. The effective date of promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment will be the date the CLASP waiver is approved.
To apply, assemble a packet with the following documents:
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying
- Memorandum to the President of the Board
- Letter of endorsement from current commander (unless currently on the promotion list)
- GPVS-1790 Individual personnel qualification record or enlisted record brief
- Last three years’ worth of DA Form 705 or DTMS APFT history screenshot
- DA Form 3349 Profile (if applicable)
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeded screening table weight or DTMS weigh-in history screenshot.
- DA Form 4187 waiving normal commuting distance (if applicable)
- Other documents: 31B DA Form 1059, or 31B OSUT Diploma. “SECRET” security clearance verification memorandum signed by Security Officer. ERB, or DD214 showing at least 4 years of military service; and at least 3 years within the last 5 years’ service in the Military Police MOS (Non-Instructor). Last 3 NCOERs, and have an NCOER showing at least 1 year within the last 3 years in a Military Police leadership assignment (Non-Instructor) if not documented by the last 3 NCOERs. Valid civilian driver’s license.