MIARNG SGT-MSG Statewide Vacancy Announcement Request
- Advertisement number: 18-111
- Closing date: 25 July 2018
- Address, city, state, ZIP: 2510 East Wilder Road, Bay City, MI 48706
- Unit name, PRN, and UIC: B Battery, 1-182nd FA / 432 / PUAB0
- Para/Lin: 207-01
- MOS: 13M3O
- Duty title: Section Chief
- Position rank or grade: SSG
- Minimum rank to apply: SGT
- Send packets to: ATTN: Battalion S-1 NCO, 3030 McGraw St, Detroit, MI 48208 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Point of contact: SFC Terry Geer at 313-899-1109 or email@example.com
MOS Qualification: Soldiers do not have to be MOS qualified to apply; however, must be able to be awarded the MOS in accordance with DA PAM 611-21.
- Physical demands rating: Moderately Heavy
- OPAT level: Moderate
- PULHES: 222221
- Vision: Normal Red/Green Perception
- ASVAB score requirements: Minimum score of 105 in aptitude area OF prior to 02 January 2002 and minimum score of 100 in aptitude area OF for tests on or after 02 January 2002
- Security clearance: Secret
- Civilian Education: N/A
- Other requirements: N/A
- Applicants cannot be under suspension of favorable actions, must have a current, valid record APFT and current weigh-in IAW Army body composition standards. Applicants must meet the position security clearance requirement. Soldiers without a current PHA may apply but, if selected, will not be promoted until the PHA is current.
- CLASP: Refer to current MIARNG CLASP Policy to determine whether a waiver is needed. Further CLASP information (including technician compatibility information) is available from the MIARNG HRO office. If a waiver is required, blank forms and memo templates are posted to SharePoint under Enlisted Promotion Management -> SWVA -> CLASP templates. Promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment are contingent on approval of the CLASP waiver. The effective date of promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment will be the date the CLASP waiver is approved.
To apply, assemble a packet with the following documents:
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying
- Memorandum to the President of the Board detailing qualifications and past duty positions that qualify them to be a Section Chief.
- Letter of endorsement from current commander (unless currently on the promotion list)
- GPVS-1790 Individual personnel qualification record or enlisted record brief
- Last three years’ worth of DA Form 705 or DTMS APFT history screenshot
- DA Form 3349 Profile (if applicable)
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeded screening table weight or DTMS weigh-in history screenshot.
- DA Form 4187 waiving normal commuting distance (if applicable)
- Other documents: Last three years of NCOERs. If Solider does not have three NCOERs submit all NCOERs with a letter of recommendation from Soldier’s Chain of Command.