M-Day Statewide Advertisement # 17-022
Closing Date: 21 May 2017
Unit & Duty Location: 177th MP BDE (410)/TZAAA/ 12450 Beech Daly Road, Taylor, MI 48180
Duty Title: EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISOR (2nd Posting)
Duty MOS: 00F5O
Minimum Rank to Apply: SFC
Eligibility Requirements to be considered for this Position
- All current Sergeant First Class and Master Sergeants are encouraged to apply. If a soldier is currently in an SFC or MSG position but not yet promoted they may apply but must be promoted prior to transfer and assignment as an EOA. Promotion is at the discretion of the losing command. Soldiers do not have to be MOS qualified to apply; however, Soldier must be able to complete the Equal Opportunity Advisor Course Phase I (online) and Phase II (residency) and attain a “Q” additional skill identifier within 18 months of taking the position.
- Selected soldier must serve a minimum of (3) year as the Equal Opportunity Advisor (EOA). Voluntary reassignment within the three year tour window will only be authorized through a joint agreement between the JFHQ HRO-EO, losing MSC Commander, and the Soldier. The individual will be assigned to the 177th MP in the grade of Sergeant First Class/Master Sergeant.
- Soldiers cannot be under any suspension of favorable actions for any reason, and must have passed both and APFT and Height/Weight standards within 18 months of the suspense (closing date).
- Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA.
MOS Specific Requirements:
1a. Physical demands rating: Light
1b. OPAT: Light
- PULHES: N/A
- Vision: Normal
- ASVAB Scores: N/A
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Civilian Education: N/A
- Other: N/A
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying.
- Memorandum to the President of the Board.
- Letter of endorsement from current Commander (Soldiers who have current list status do not need a letter of endorsement).
- GPFR-1790 (Individual Personnel Qualification Record).
- Last three years of DA Form 705 or screen shot from UPS (include updated DA Form 3349 if applicable).
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeds screening table weight or screen shot or UPS Screen shot (within 18 months).
- DA 4187 waiving the normal commuting distance outlined in AR 135-91 (if applicable).
- Other: If you have previously applied for SWVA #16-236, your application will be considered for this posting. Please do not re-submit your packet.
Where to send application:
Mail: Joint Forces Headquarters, ATTN: EO Office, 3423 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Lansing, MI 48906-2934
Point of contact for this announcement:
Name: CW2 Thais Taylor / MSG Michael Beck
Phone: (517)481-7725 or 481-7723
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org