MICHIGAN NATIONAL GUARD
Human Resource Office
3423 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Lansing, MI 48906-2906
AIR NATIONAL GUARD
ACTIVE GUARD/RESERVE (AGR) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
|ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 18-41||TOUR LENGTH: CONTINUATION TOUR SIX YEARS|
|OPENING DATE: 11 MAY 2018||CLOSING DATE: 25 MAY 2018|
|POSITION TITLE: EXECUTIVE OFFICER
POSITION GRADE: O5/LT COL
POSITION AFSC: 97E0
|LOCATION: 110 ATKW
110th ATK WING ONLY
|WHO CAN APPLY:
AREA 1: ON-BOARD PERMANENT ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AGR) OF THE MICHIGAN AIR NATIONAL GUARD
MINIMUM GRADE O3/CAPT
*MAXIMUM GRADE O5/LT COL
* PROMOTION POTENTIAL TO FULL GRADE OF POSITION UPON CONTROL GRADE AVAILABILITY
THIS IS A DUAL BID WITH TECHNICIAN ANNOUNCEMENT 18-152. IF THIS POSITION IS FILLED UNDER THE TECHNICIAN VACANCY THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE CANCELLED. IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR BOTH ANNOUNCEMENTS YOU MUST APPLY TO EACH ONE.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Use this identifier to report the primary and duty AFSCs of officers serving in Executive Officer positions.
- Officer oversees information management activities for the commander and deputy commander; handles protocol duties as required; implements, directs, and coordinates executive functions, services, and activities; represents the commander in interaction with other agencies of all levels; and is responsible for unit programs and special projects as directed by the commander.
- The Regular Air Force’s 97E0 positions above wing level will be filled by AFPC using a nominative process while its 97E0 positions at wing level and below will be filled internally to the wing. Related DoD Occupational Group: 270100
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND GENERAL INFORMATION
HOW TO APPLY: Individuals who meet the Duties, Responsibilities, and Special Information Criteria for this position must submit a complete AGR application package to: email@example.com
1. DO NOT send application directly to the HRO Office (hand carry, US Post Office, etc). In the event that an applicant is unable to use the email address provided (I.E. rejection email) or is a deployed Airman without accessibility please call 517-481-7715 and you will be provided additional instructions. Applicants must provide documentation in the event that this occurred (I.E. rejection email).
2. *AT A MINIMUM YOUR PACKET SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
a. COMPLETED NGB FORM 34-1 signed and dated with the job announcement and title. (Do not submit an SF Form 171 or OF 612). Due to personal identifiable information (PII) concerns contained within Air AGR packets, we are requesting that all applications for Air AGR positions omit their home of record and social security number upon submission.
b. Military Personnel Report on Individual Personnel (RIP) from either the vMPF or MilPDS no more than 30 days old.
c. An official fitness score of 75% or higher within 1 year (from the AF portal).
*Applications without all the required supporting documentation will not be considered and will not be returned.
3. Applications must be received by 2359 hours on the closing date of this vacancy announcement. Further information may be obtained by contacting the AGR Personnel Office: SSGT Stephanie Bagley 517-481-7715, DSN 623-9715. Prior approval required for last minute faxed applications.
EEO POLICY: The management of AGRs will be free of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin and age IAW ANGI 36-7, ANG Military Equal Opportunity Program.
ENTRY QUALIFICATION PER ANGI 36-101
1. The intent of the AGR program is to assess AFSC qualified individuals. However, any applicant selected who does not possess the AFSC, must sign an agreement to retrain.
2. Enlisted personnel applying for Officer position must be eligible for commissioning upon selection for AGR duty. Assignment to the AGR tour will not become effective until the individual receives a commission in the ANG and as a Reserve of the Air Force.
3. Members selected for AGR tours must meet the physical qualifications outlined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards. Airmen with a DD Form 469, Duty Limiting Condition Report reflected at the time of an AGR physical package evaluation, will not be deemed medically qualified. However, accession of a member is possible as long as the member is medically cleared of any Duty Limitation Code (DLC)/medical profile prior to starting an AGR order.
4. Personnel must have retainability to complete the tour of military duty.
5. Applicants are subject to personal interview upon notification of time and place. Necessary travel will be at the applicant’s own expense.
6. Pregnant females are eligible to apply for AGR tours. If selected, they cannot be appointed and entered on active duty until the pregnancy period has expired.
7. Initial AGR tour orders are probationary. Individuals selected for continuation until retirement and electing Career Status Bonus (CSB) must be extended to the date they will achieve 20 satisfactory active duty years on their AGR orders.
8. Voluntary release from the AGR program prior to completion of tour is contingent upon approval of the Adjutant General of Michigan.