S: 16 April 2017
NGMI-PER-SGM 17 March 2017
MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
SUBJECT: First Sergeant Advertisement # 17-010
1. The following First Sergeant vacancy currently exists within 1171st Area Support Medical Company:
|68W5M (2S)||E-8/1SG||101/03||Ypsilanti, MI||First Sergeant|
2. Criteria: All interested applicants must meet the following;
a. Master Sergeants (MSG or 1SG) qualified in CMF 68 Series.
b. Sergeants First Class qualified in CMF 68 Series. Sergeants First Class must be on the current E-7 to E-8 promotion list, regardless of their standard option.
c. In accordance with NGR 600-5 and NGB Policy Memorandum 08-09, AGR Sergeants First Class are ineligible to apply.
d. Applicants must have been selected as Best Qualified by the AY17 Best Qualified Leadership Board which can be verified by unit administrative personnel.
3. Standard Requirements: Applicants cannot be under suspension of favorable actions for any reason, must have a valid APFT (within 14 months), and meet Height/Weight standards (within 8 months) of the closing date (Suspense) to apply. Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA. All applicants must have a valid interim secret clearance or higher or the specific clearance required by the promotion MOS.
4. CLASP: Interested applicants who are Active Guard Reserve (AGR) or Military Technicians (MILTECH) must have an approved Command, Leadership, and Staff Assignment Policy (CLASP) waiver if selected. Promotion, lateral appointment, and reassignment are contingent on approval of the CLASP Waiver. The effective date of promotion (if applicable), lateral appointment, and reassignment; will be the date the CLASP Waiver is approved. AGR & MILTECH applicants can reference application requirements as outlined in paragraph 5k of this memorandum.
5. Application Documents. The following documents are required from applicants. Application packets missing required documentation will be returned without action (RWOA):
a. MIARNG First Sergeant/Detachment Sergeant Checklist (enclosed).
b. Biographical Sketch: see figure G-3, NGR 600-200, dated 31 July 2009. NGMI-PER-SGM SUBJECT: First Sergeant Advertisement # 17-010
c. Nominating Memorandum from CSM.
d. Letter to the President of the Board (POTB).
e. Enlisted Record Brief (ERB) / Soldier Record Brief (SRB).
f. GPVS-1790: Individual Personnel Qualification Record (PQR).
g. DA Form 705: for past 3 years. If applicable, include DA Form 3349 Profile.
h. DA Form 5500/5501: if exceeds table weight screening (within 8 months).
i. DA Photo: must be current and on file in IPERMS (Do not attach DA Photo to packet).
j. NCOER(s): for past 5 years.
k. AGR & MILTECH’s Only (CLASP): The following CLASP initiating documents for all AGR and MILTECH applicants must be submitted upon application. Templates can be located on SharePoint: Enlisted Promotion Management (page), SWVA (heading), CLASP Templates (sub-heading).
a. MILTECH Applicants:
(1) Memorandum, MILTECH CLASP Request. Submit completed CLASP Request Memo for MILTECH CLASP, with Chain of Command (COC) approval and signatures.
(2) DA Form 4187, CLASP MILTECH. Submit completed DA 4187 CLASP MILTECH request for CLASP, with Chain of Command Approval and Signatures.
b. AGR Applicants:
(1) Memorandum, AGR CLASP Request. Submit completed CLASP Request Memo for AGR CLASP, with Chain of Command (COC) approval and signatures.
6. Applicants must review and initiate any necessary updates to HR Systems record(s) and/or document(s). The First Sergeant/Detachment Sergeant Board will objectively review the applicants using the Whole Soldier Concept, evaluating the performance and potential. The sum of each applicants qualities and qualifications, matters of record, and past performance; with the heaviest weighted criteria given to the applicants recent past and the applicants potential to serve in positions of greater responsibility.
a. All applicants are reminded to review their electronic military records as located in iPERMs (accessible through AKO). First Sergeant Boards are completed by a thorough review of the Performance File in iPERMS. It is the responsibility of every applicant to ensure their iPERMS file is complete and accurate.
b. All applicants are reminded to review their Enlisted Record Brief (ERB). It is the responsibility of every applicant to ensure their ERB file is complete and accurate. NGMI-PER-SGM SUBJECT: First Sergeant Advertisement # 17-010
7. Packet Submission: Submit packets to: 272nd Regional Support Group, Attn: MSG Meranda Fabus, 3423 N. Martin Luther King Blvd, Lansing, MI 48906 or via email at email@example.com.
8. Suspense: First Sergeant Application Packets will be submitted within five (5) days of suspense/closing date. Untimely submissions will result in the invalidation of the applicant packet. In the event of no applicants, the MSC/DRU will notify the Enlisted Promotion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org within one (1) day of the suspense/closing date.
9. POC: Additional information can be obtained by contacting MSG Meranda Fabus @ 517-481-7651or via email at email@example.com. Please do not contact the Enlisted Promotion Branch directly.
FOR THE DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF PERSONNEL:
Encl. KENT A. SMITH
Soldier Services Division Sergeant Major
DISTRIBUTION: A, B & D
MIARNG First Sergeant | Detachment Sergeant CHECKLIST
This checklist _____
Letter to the President of the Board _____
Nominating Memorandum from CSM _____
Bio Sketch (NGR 600-200, figure G-3) _____
Enlisted Record Brief (ERB) / Soldier Record Brief (SRB) _____
Personnel Qualification Record (GPVS-1790) _____
Last three years of DA Forms 705 (include DA Form 3349 if applicable) _____
DA Forms 5500/5501 if exceeds Screening Table Weight (within 12 months) _____
Last 5 years of NCOERs _____
CLASP Request Documents (if applicable) _____
DA Photo in iPERMs (do not attach DA photo to packet) _____
Enlisted Record Brief Review Date:________________________ _____
iPERMs Review Date:________________________ _____
Instructions: Nominees will initial on each line to indicate documents are included with this checklist. All documents are mandatory with the exception of the DA Form 5500/5501.
____________________________ _____________________ ____________
Nominee Name (Printed) Nominee Signature Date
____________________________ _____________________ ____________
HR Sergeant Name (Printed) HR Sergeant Signature Date