M-Day Statewide Advertisement # 17-068
Closing Date: 10 August 2017
Unit, PRN & Duty Address: 1171st Area Support Medical Company, P38AA/666, 7400 S. Huron River Drive, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Duty Title: Health Care Sergeant
Duty MOS: 68W3O
Minimum Rank to Apply: SGT
Eligibility Requirements to be considered for this Position
- Soldiers do not have to be MOS qualified to apply; however, must be able to be awarded the MOS in accordance with DA PAM 611-21.
- Soldiers cannot be under any suspension of favorable actions for any reason, and must have passed the APFT within 14 months and met Height/Weight standards within 8 months of the suspense (closing date).
- Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA.
MOS Specific Requirements:
1a. Physical demands rating: Heavy- Lift occasional 100 lb, Frequent 50 lb.
1b. OPAT: Significant
- PULHES: 11121
- Vision: No specific requirements
- ASVAB Scores: A minimum score of 105 in aptitude area ST and a minimum score of 110 aptitude area GT in ASVAB tests administered prior to January 2002; A minimum score of 102 in aptitude area ST and a minimum score of 110 aptitude area GT in ASVAB tests administered on or after 02 January 2002 and prior to 1 July 2004; A minimum score of 101 in aptitude area ST and a minimum score of 107 aptitude area GT in ASVAB tests administered on or after 1 July 2004.
- Security Clearance: None required
- Civilian Education: No specific requirements
- Other: -Applicants must not have any aversion to the sight of blood or bodily fluids. Applicants must not have any history of a felony conviction, or conviction of crimes involving resident or out of hospital patients of a medical care facility, or financial exploitation of a person entrusted to the care of the applicant. Applicants must also have no history of violence against person, animals or property, sexual misconduct, weapons/ammunition/explosives/arson charges, or drug activity involving illegal possession, buying, selling, or distribution of controlled substances or synthetics. – The Health Care Specialist, 68W MOS course consists of 16 weeks at Fort Sam Houston, TX.
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying.
- Memorandum to the President of the Board.
- Letter of endorsement from current Commander (Soldiers who have current list status do not need a letter of endorsement).
- GPVS-1790 (Individual Personnel Qualification Record).
- Last three years of DA Form 705 or screen shot from UPS (include updated DA Form 3349 if applicable).
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeds screening table weight or screen shot or UPS Screen shot (within 18 months).
- DA 4187 waiving the normal commuting distance outlined in AR 135-91 (if applicable).
- Other: -Last 3 years of NCOERs. A Memorandum for Record (MFR) should be submitted to explain missing NCOERs. Letters of Recommendation can be submitted in addition to 3 years of NCOERs or in place of missing NCOERs. -All Soldiers are reminded to review their electronic military records on iPERMS (accessible through AKO). Records review boards are completed through iPERMS, not DA 201 files. It is the responsibility of every Soldier to ensure their iPERMS file is complete and accurate. -Late or incomplete packets will be returned without action.
Where to send application:
Mail: 146 MMB, ATTN: SSG Alexis Johnson; 7400 S. Huron River Dr., Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Point of contact for this announcement:
Name: SSG Alexis M. Johnson