M-Day Statewide Advertisement # 17-056
Closing Date: 26 July 2017
Unit, PRN & Duty Address: Regional Training Site Maintenance (7W3AA/118) Bldg 3000, 2501 26th Street, Augusta, MI 49012
Duty Title: Instructor
Duty MOS: 00F48
Minimum Rank to Apply: SSG
Eligibility Requirements to be considered for this Position
1. Soldiers must be MOS qualified to apply.
2. Soldiers must possess one of the following MOSs to apply; 91B, 91C, 91D, 91E, 91F, 91L or 91X.
3. Soldiers cannot be under any suspension of favorable actions for any reason, and must have passed APFT within 14 months and Height/Weight standards within 8 months of the suspense (closing date).
4. Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA.
MOS Specific Requirements:
1a. Physical demands rating: Heavy
1b. OPAT: Moderate
2. PULHES: 111121
3. Vision: Normal Color Vision
4. ASVAB Scores: N/A
5. Security Clearance: Eligible to obtain SECRET Clearance
6. Civilian Education: High School Graduate
7. Other: Reference Fact Sheet below for further information
1. Copy of the SWVA for which applying.
2. Memorandum to the President of the Board.
3. Letter of endorsement from current Commander (Soldiers who have current list status do not need a letter of endorsement).
4. GPVS-1790 (Individual Personnel Qualification Record).
5. Last three years of DA Form 705 or screen shot from UPS (include updated DA Form 3349 if applicable).
6. DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeds screening table weight or screen shot or UPS Screen shot (within 18 months).
7. DA 4187 waiving the normal commuting distance outlined in AR 135-91 (if applicable).
8. Other: (ie..last 3 NCOERs)
Where to send application:
Mail: RTSM, ATTN: MSG Jessica Baker, Bldg 3000, 2501 26th Street, Augusta, MI 49012
Point of contact for this announcement:
Name: MSG Jessica Baker
RTSM Instructor Fact Sheet
2-21. Selection from promotion list to 00F (MOS Immaterial) positions All 00F (UP) positions must have a duty description that list all the MOSs that can perform the duty. In addition, Regional Training Institutes (RTIs) are authorized to include SQI “8” and additional prerequisite as part of their selection criteria. States must include in their annual MOI the selection process for MOS 00F from the Enlisted Promotion list.
a. Prior to selecting a Soldier from the promotion list, consideration will be given to excess personnel and lateral transfers to fill the vacancy.
b. Soldiers holding eligible MOSs in the duty description listed for that 00F vacant position will be considered. Selection will be determined by the total number of promotion points held, from highest to lowest.
c. States that do not document indicate a list of MOSs eligible to occupy the position, will require a review of the entire promotion list for that grade. Soldiers with the highest promotion points will be offered the position in sequence as they appear on the promotion list.
2-22. Utilization of Enlisted Instructors at Regional Training Institutes (RTI). Only the highest quality Soldiers will be assigned to RTI. Soldiers assigned to instructor positions must hold SQI “8” or meet proponent prerequisite to attend.
2-23. Assignment criteria for instructors The initial selection criteria for RTI instructor duty are:
a. Be a high school graduate or possess the GED equivalent.
b. Have no personal habits or character traits that are questionable from a security standpoint, such as financial irresponsibility, foreign holdings or interest, heavy drinking, drug abuse, gambling, emotional instability, and so forth. Concerning alcohol and drug abuse, persons declared rehabilitation successes under the ADAPC Program should not be included.
c. Possess mature judgment and initiative.
d. Have a minimum of three years time remaining in-service upon arrival at assignment or agree to reenlist or extend to meet the requirement.
e. Have a security clearance consistent with that required to attend the requisite instructor course.
f. Meet minimum Reading Grade Level (RGL) and Language Grade Level (LGL) (measured by Test of Adult Basic Education (See AR 350-1)) required for attendance to the requisite instructor course.
g. Display an outstanding military bearing.
h. Meet the body composition requirements in AR 600-9.
i. Be able to pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT).
j. Be fully qualified in the MOS for which instructor duty is desired and have at least one year of experience in that MOS.
k. Have recently held a leadership assignment.
l. Have a demonstrated ability to be an instructor.
m. Does not have a speech impediment.
2-24. Additional requirements for Regional Training Institutes Instructors a. In addition to the initial selection criteria in paragraph 2-23, Soldiers
(1) Hold rank of SSG or above; however, exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis to secure the best qualified instructors available.
(2) Possess “1” under “S” and “1” or “2” under “E” of physical profile.
(3) Be equal in grade to the level of students that will attend the course.
(4) Be graduates of the course they will instruct.
(5) Have a GT score of 100 or higher for assignment as an Ordnance School instructor.
b. The requirement outlined in this chapter for the selection of qualified instructors will be noted in the states annual promotion Memorandum of Instructions (MOI).