MICHIGAN NATIONAL GUARD
Human Resource Office
3423 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Lansing, MI 48906-2906
AIR NATIONAL GUARD
ACTIVE GUARD/RESERVE (AGR) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 17-49
TOUR LENGTH : INITIAL AND CONTINUATION TOUR SIX YEARS
OPENING DATE: 18 MAY 2017
CLOSING DATE: 16 JUN 2017
POSITION TITLE: MOBILITY PILOT
POSITION GRADE: O4/MAJ
POSITION AFSC: 11M3F
LOCATION: 127th SELFRIDGE ANGB MI
WHO CAN APPLY:
AREA 1: ON-BOARD PERMANENT ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AGR) OF THE MICHIGAN AIR NATIONAL GUARD
MINIMUM GRADE O2/1LT
*MAXIMUM GRADE O4/MAJ
AREA 2: OPEN TO ALL CURRENT TRADITIONAL GUARD MEMBERS OF THE MICHIGAN AIR NATIONAL GUARD
MINIMUM GRADE O2/1LT
*MAXIMUM GRADE O4/MAJ
*PROMOTION POTENTIAL TO FULL GRADE OF POSITION UPON CONTROL GRADE AVAILABILITY
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Plans and prepares for mission.
• Reviews mission tasking, intelligence, and weather information.
• Supervises mission planning, preparation, filing a flight plan, and crew briefing.
• Ensures aircraft is preflighted, inspected, loaded, equipped, and manned for mission.
• Pilots aircraft and commands crew.
• Operates aircraft controls and equipment.
• Performs, supervises, or directs navigation, in-flight refueling, and cargo and passenger delivery.
• Conducts or supervises training of crewmembers.
• Ensures operational readiness of crew by conducting or supervising mission specific training.
• Develops plans and policies, monitors operations, and advises commanders.
• Assists commanders and performs staff functions related to this specialty.
• Knowledge is mandatory of theory of flight, air navigation, meteorology, flying directives, aircraft operating procedures, and mission tactics.
• For entry into this specialty, undergraduate degree specializing in physical sciences, mathematics, administration, or management is desirable.
• Training. The following training is mandatory as indicated:
• For entry into this specialty, completion of Air Force Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training (SUPT).
• For award of AFSC 11M2X, completion of transition and operational training in the suffix specific aircraft.
• For upgrade to AFSCs 11M2X/3X, unit commander determines proficiency based on performance, experience, and completion of minimum training requirements.
• The following are mandatory as indicated:
• For award and retention of this AFSC, current aeronautical rating and qualification for aviation service as pilot.
For award of AFSC 11M3X, certification of aircraft commander qualification by appropriate operations authority.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND GENERAL INFORMATION
HOW TO APPLY: Individuals who meet the Duties, Responsibilities, and Special Information Criteria for this position must submit a complete AGR application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. DO NOT send application directly to the HRO Office (hand carry, US Post Office, etc). In the event that an applicant is unable to use the email address provided (I.E. rejection email) or is a deployed Airman without accessibility please call 517-481-7715 and you will be provided additional instructions. Applicants must provide documentation in the event that this occurred (I.E. rejection email).
2. *AT A MINIMUM YOUR PACKET SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
a. COMPLETED NGB FORM 34-1 signed and dated with the job announcement and title. (Do not submit an SF Form 171 or OF 612). Due to personal identifiable information (PII) concerns contained within Air AGR packets, we are requesting that all applications for Air AGR positions omit their home of record and social security number upon submission.
b. Military Personnel Report on Individual Personnel (RIP) from either the vMPF or MilPDS no more than 30 days old.
c. An official fitness score of 75% or higher within 1 year (from the AF portal).
*Applications without all the required supporting documentation will not be considered and will not be returned.
3. Applications must be received by 2359 hours on the closing date of this vacancy announcement. Further information may be obtained by contacting the AGR Personnel Office: SMSGT Wright Thurmand 517-481-7715, DSN 623-9715. Prior approval required for last minute faxed applications.
EEO POLICY: The management of AGRs will be free of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin and age IAW ANGI 36-7, ANG Military Equal Opportunity Program.
ENTRY QUALIFICATION PER ANGI 36-101
1. The intent of the AGR program is to assess AFSC qualified individuals. However, any applicant selected who does not possess the AFSC, must sign an agreement to retrain.
2. Enlisted personnel applying for Officer position must be eligible for commissioning upon selection for AGR duty. Assignment to the AGR tour will not become effective until the individual receives a commission in the ANG and as a Reserve of the Air Force.
3. Members selected for AGR tours must meet the physical qualifications outlined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards. Airmen with a DD Form 469, Duty Limiting Condition Report reflected at the time of an AGR physical package evaluation, will not be deemed medically qualified. However, accession of a member is possible as long as the member is medically cleared of any Duty Limitation Code (DLC)/medical profile prior to starting an AGR order.
4. Personnel must have retainability to complete the tour of military duty.
5. Applicants are subject to personal interview upon notification of time and place. Necessary travel will be at the applicant’s own expense.
6. Pregnant females are eligible to apply for AGR tours. If selected, they cannot be appointed and entered on active duty until the pregnancy period has expired.
7. Initial AGR tour orders are probationary. Individuals selected for continuation until retirement and electing Career Status Bonus (CSB) must be extended to the date they will achieve 20 satisfactory active duty years on their AGR orders.
8. Voluntary release from the AGR program prior to completion of tour is contingent upon approval of the Adjutant General of Michigan.