MICHIGAN NATIONAL GUARD
Human Resource Office
3423 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Lansing, MI 48906-2906
AIR NATIONAL GUARD
ACTIVE GUARD/RESERVE (AGR) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 18-02
TOUR LENGTH: INITIAL TOUR FOUR YEARS
CONTINUATION TOUR SIX YEARS
OPENING DATE: 02 NOV 2017
CLOSING DATE: 04 DEC 2017
POSITION TITLE: AIR SUPPORT SQUADRON COMMANDER
POSITION GRADE: O6/COL
POSITION AFSC: 11F3Y (11X, 12X, 13B AFSC REQUIRED)
LOCATION: 110ATKW, BATTLE CREEK, MI
WHO CAN APPLY:
AREA 1: ON-BOARD PERMANENT ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AGR) OF THE MICHIGAN AIR NATIONAL GUARD BRING YOUR OWN MAN YEAR
MINIMUM GRADE O5/LT COL
MAXIMUM GRADE O6/COL
(PRIOR MILITARY MEMBERS NEED TO SUBMIT DD 214 OR NGB 22 TO VERIFY ELIGIBILITY)
THIS IS A DUAL BID WITH TECHNICIAN ANNOUNCEMENT 18-02. IF THIS POSITION IS FILLED UNDER THE TECHNICIAN VACANCY THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE CANCELLED. IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR BOTH ANNOUNCEMENTS YOU MUST APPLY TO EACH ONE.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Commands unit.
• Formulates plans and establishes policies for unit administration, operations, training, employment, maintenance, supply, and safety.
• Implements directives and operations orders from higher headquarters.
• Coordinates unit activities.
• Coordinates staff activities pertaining to administration, operations, intelligence, material, comptroller, planning, and programming to ensure accomplishment of unit mission.
Directs and monitors unit activities.
Directs, observes, and evaluates effectiveness of training programs, availability and combat readiness of assigned crews, and operation and adequacy of support activities.
• Knowledge. For award and retention of this AFSC, working knowledge of leadership skills and operational employment concepts is mandatory.
• Education. For entry into this specialty, a master’s degree in management, or business administration with a major in management, is desirable.
• NAF, MAJCOM, Staff or AOC experience desired.
• Training. The following training is mandatory as indicated:
• For commanders of flying Groups, completion of Air Force pilot, navigator, or air battle manager training.
• For commanders of space or missile operations Groups, completion of Air Force space or missile operations or maintenance training.
• Specialty requires routine access to Top Secret material or similar environment.
• For award and retention of AFSC 11F3Y, completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) according to AFI 31-501, Personnel Security Program Management.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND GENERAL INFORMATION
HOW TO APPLY: Individuals who meet the Duties, Responsibilities, and Special Information Criteria for this position must submit a complete AGR application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. DO NOT send application directly to the HRO Office (hand carry, US Post Office, etc). In the event that an applicant is unable to use the email address provided (I.E. rejection email) or is a deployed Airman without accessibility please call 517-481-7715 and you will be provided additional instructions. Applicants must provide documentation in the event that this occurred (I.E. rejection email).
2. *AT A MINIMUM YOUR PACKET SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
a. COMPLETED NGB FORM 34-1 signed and dated with the job announcement and title. (Do not submit an SF Form 171 or OF 612). Due to personal identifiable information (PII) concerns contained within Air AGR packets, we are requesting that all applications for Air AGR positions omit their home of record and social security number upon submission.
b. Military Personnel Report on Individual Personnel (RIP) from either the vMPF or MilPDS no more than 30 days old.
c. An official fitness score of 75% or higher within 1 year (from the AF portal).
d. Please combine all documents into one PDF file.
*Applications without all the required supporting documentation will not be considered and will not be returned.
3. Applications must be received by 2359 hours on the closing date of this vacancy announcement. Further information may be obtained by contacting the AGR Personnel Office: SMSGT Wright Thurmand 517-481-7715, DSN 623-9715. Prior approval required for last minute faxed applications.
EEO POLICY: The management of AGRs will be free of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin and age IAW ANGI 36-7, ANG Military Equal Opportunity Program.
ENTRY QUALIFICATION PER ANGI 36-101
1. The intent of the AGR program is to assess AFSC qualified individuals. However, any applicant selected who does not possess the AFSC, must sign an agreement to retrain.
2. Enlisted personnel applying for Officer position must be eligible for commissioning upon selection for AGR duty. Assignment to the AGR tour will not become effective until the individual receives a commission in the ANG and as a Reserve of the Air Force.
3. Members selected for AGR tours must meet the physical qualifications outlined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards. Airmen with a DD Form 469, Duty Limiting Condition Report reflected at the time of an AGR physical package evaluation, will not be deemed medically qualified. However, accession of a member is possible as long as the member is medically cleared of any Duty Limitation Code (DLC)/medical profile prior to starting an AGR order.
4. Personnel must have retainability to complete the tour of military duty.
5. Applicants are subject to personal interview upon notification of time and place. Necessary travel will be at the applicant’s own expense.
6. Pregnant females are eligible to apply for AGR tours. If selected, they cannot be appointed and entered on active duty until the pregnancy period has expired.
7. Initial AGR tour orders are probationary. Individuals selected for continuation until retirement and electing Career Status Bonus (CSB) must be extended to the date they will achieve 20 satisfactory active duty years on their AGR orders.
8. Voluntary release from the AGR program prior to completion of tour is contingent upon approval of the Adjutant General of Michigan.