M-Day Statewide Advertisement # 17-093
Closing Date: 24 October 2017
Unit, PRN & Duty Address: 1775th MP CO, TY7AA/441, 233 North Johnson Street, Pontiac, MI 48341
Duty Title: Operations NCO
Duty MOS: 31B4O
Minimum Rank to Apply: SSG
Eligibility Requirements to be considered for this Position
- Soldiers must be MOS qualified to apply.
- Soldiers cannot be under any suspension of favorable actions for any reason, and must have passed the APFT within 14 months and met Height/Weight standards within 6 months of the suspense (closing date).
- Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA.
MOS Specific Requirements:
1a. Physical demands rating: Heavy
1b. OPAT: Significant
- PULHES: 222221
- Vision: Red/Green Color Discrimination
- ASVAB Scores: Must have a minimum score of 95 in aptitude area ST in Armed Services Vocational aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January 2002; a minimum score of 92 in aptitude area ST on ASVAB tests administered on and after 2 January 2002 and prior to 1 July 2004; a minimum score of 91 in aptitude area ST on ASVAB tests administered on and after 1 Jul 2004.
- Security Clearance: SECRET
- Civilian Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Other: a. The Soldier must be a U.S. citizen. b. Requirement to be a U.S. citizen is effective 01 August 2010 for all new accessions into MOS 31B. c. Requirement to be a U.S. citizen is effective 01 August 2013 for all Soldiers holding MOS 31B who entered service prior to 01 August 2010. d. Meets all requirements for Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) qualifications. e. Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator license. f. No objection to performing security duties in the vicinity of nuclear or chemical munitions stored or staged for military use. g. No record of more than 15 days lost under section 972-10-USC. h. No information in Provost Marshal Office, Intelligence Office, Military Personnel Record Jacket (MPRJ) or medical records which would prevent the granting of a security clearance under AR 380-67. i. No record of pre-trial intervention or conviction by military or civil court of the following: (1) Any offense involving force or violence. (2) Any offense listed under AR 601-210, para 4-22 (misdemeanor), or similar offense not listed for which the maximum possible sentence exceeds 4 months of confinement. (3) Two or more offenses within 5 years prior to the date of enlistment listed under AR 601-210, para 4-21 (minor non-traffic), or similar offense not listed for which the maximum possible sentence is less than 4 months confinement. (4) Three or more minor traffic offenses as listed under AR 601-210, para 4-20 (minor traffic) during the 12 months period prior to entry on active duty (does not include traffic violations considered misdemeanor or felony by virtue of fine amount per AR 601-210. (5) No pattern of behavior or actions that is reasonably indicative of a contemptuous attitude toward the law or other duly constituted authority. j. Minimum age of 18 at time of entrance on active duty. k. All prior MOS 31B Soldiers serving in another MOS for more than 36 months, reclassifying into MOS 31B must request proponent determination. l. No record of possession or use of any narcotic or non-narcotic drug as defined by Article 134, UCMJ and AR 600-50. (Personnel entering active duty may be granted waiver at Military Entrance Processing Station by the AHRC Security Interviewer DoD policy on cannabis use.) m. No medically diagnosed history of alcoholism, psychotic disorders, antisocial behavior, objection to bearing and use of arms when necessary or any behavioral characteristic, which may be considered prejudicial to the reliable performance of Law and Order duties. n. No record of conviction by special or general courts-martial or civilian courts of offenses listed in AR 27-10 (Military Justice), chapter 24 or otherwise required to register as a sexual offender under AR 27-10, chapter 24. o. Formal training (completion of MOS 31B course conducted under the auspices of the U.S. Army Military Police School) mandatory. p. All applicants for MOS 31B must be interviewed by AHRC Security Interviewer. members reclassifying for MOS 31B must be interviewed by a senior MP NCO (SFC or above) or MP Officer (CPT or above) in the gaining MP unit as well as a local records check. In either case, written endorsement must accompany re-enlistment contract.
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying.
- Memorandum to the President of the Board.
- Letter of endorsement from current Commander (Soldiers who have current list status do not need a letter of endorsement).
- GPVS-1790 (Individual Personnel Qualification Record).
- Last three years of DA Form 705 or screen shot from UPS (include updated DA Form 3349 if applicable).
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeds screening table weight or screen shot or UPS Screen shot (within 18 months).
- DA 4187 waiving the normal commuting distance outlined in AR 135-91 (if applicable).
- Last three (3) NCOERS.
- Enlisted Records Brief (ERB).
Where to send application:
Mail: : 177th MP BDE, ATTN: S1, 12450 Beech Daly Road, Taylor MI 48180
Point of contact for this announcement:
Name: SSG Laran L. Wright