M-Day Statewide Advertisement # 17-004
Closing Date: 16 April 2017
Unit/Duty Location: MIARNG Medical Detachment (8ZCAA/119) / 4400 E. Eight Mile Road, Detroit, MI 48234
Duty Title: Preventive Medicine NCO
Duty MOS: 68S3O
Minimum Rank to Apply: SGT
Eligibility Requirements to be considered for this Position
- Soldiers do not have to be MOS qualified to apply; however, must be able to be awarded the MOS in accordance with DA PAM 611-21.
- Soldiers cannot be under any suspension of favorable actions for any reason, and must have passed an APFT within 14 months and met Height/Weight standards within 8 months of the suspense (closing date).
- Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA.
MOS Specific Requirements:
- Physical demands rating: Medium 1b. OPAT: Moderate
- PULHES: 222221
- Vision: Normal Red/Green (RG) Perception
- ASVAB Scores: A minimum score of 105 in aptitude area ST in Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January 2002: A minimum score of 102 in aptitude area ST in ASVAB tests administered on or after 2 January 2002 and prior to 1 July 2004: A minimum score of 101 in aptitude area ST in ASVAB tests administered on or after 1 July 2004
- Security Clearance: None
- Civilian Education: High school diploma or a GED equivalency. Applicants must have credit for one year each of Chemistry and Algebra with a “C” grade or numerical grade of 74% or higher (pre-algebra is not acceptable). Algebra and Chemistry courses and proficiency exams recognized by an Army Education Center fulfill this requirement. Official high school or college transcripts are required.
- Other: No history of a felony conviction. No history of conviction of crimes involving: (a) Any weapons/ammunition/explosives/arson charges. (b) Any drug activity involving illegal possession, buying, selling or distribution (dealing) of controlled substances or synthetics. (c) Violence against persons or property. (d) Sexual misconduct. (6) No record of conviction by special or general courts-martial or civilian courts of offenses listed in AR 27-10 (Military Justice), chapter 24 or otherwise required to register as a sexual offender under AR 27-10, chapter 24.
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying.
- Memorandum to the President of the Board.
- Letter of endorsement from current Commander (Soldiers who have current list status do not need a letter of endorsement).
- GPVS-1790 (Individual Personnel Qualification Record).
- Last three years of DA Form 705 or screen shot from UPS (include updated DA Form 3349 if applicable).
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeds screening table weight or screen shot or UPS Screen shot (within 8 months).
- DA 4187 waiving the normal commuting distance outlined in AR 135-91 (if applicable).
- Other: Official high school or college transcripts are required showing credit for one year each of Chemistry and Algebra with a “C” grade or numerical grade of 74% or higher (pre-algebra is not acceptable).
Where to send application:
Mail: MIARNG Medical Detachment, Attn: MSG Allen Beutler, 4400 E. 8 Mile Rd., Detroit, MI 48234
Point of contact for this announcement:
Name: MSG Beutler, Allen