M-Day Statewide Advertisement # 17-091
Closing Date: 24 October 2017
Unit, PRN & Duty Address: HHC 46 MP CMD, P3QAA/700, 3423 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Lansing, MI 48906-2934
Duty Title: Public Affairs NCO
Duty MOS: 46Q3O
Minimum Rank to Apply: SGT
Eligibility Requirements to be considered for this Position
- Soldiers do not have to be MOS qualified to apply; however, must be able to be awarded the MOS in accordance with DA PAM 611-21.
- If not MOS 46Q qualified, the selected Soldier (in-service/prior service (PS)) must submit an application for approval by the Director of the Army Public Affairs Center (APAC). The Soldier must receive written approval from the Director, APAC prior to position assignment and completion of MOS 46Q reclassification, PS enlistment, or reenlistment contract. DA PAM 611-21, Para 10-46Q includes the application requirements.
- Soldiers cannot be under any suspension of favorable actions for any reason, and must have passed the APFT within 14 months and met Height/Weight standards within 8 months of the suspense (closing date).
- Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA.
MOS Specific Requirements:
1a. Physical demands rating: Medium
1b. OPAT: Moderate
- PULHES: 211121
- Vision: Normal Color
- ASVAB Scores: (a) A minimum score of 110 in aptitude area GT on ASVAB tests administered prior to 1 July 2004. (b) A minimum score of 107 in aptitude area GT on ASVAB tests administered on and after 1 July 2004.
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Civilian Education: (a) Be a high school graduate or GED equivalent. (b) Show proof by official transcript of having successfully completed at least 2 years of high school English.
- Other: Meet all other MOS specific requirements IAW DA PAM 611-21, 10-46Q – Public Affairs Specialist, CMF 46.
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying.
- Memorandum to the President of the Board.
- Letter of endorsement from current Commander (Soldiers who have current list status do not need a letter of endorsement).
- GPVS-1790 (Individual Personnel Qualification Record).
- Last three years of DA Form 705 or screen shot from UPS (include updated DA Form 3349 if applicable).
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeds screening table weight or screen shot or UPS Screen shot (within 18 months).
- DA 4187 waiving the normal commuting distance outlined in AR 135-91 (if applicable).
- Other: Last three NCOERs, as applicable.
Where to send application:
Mail: HHC 46 MP CMD, ATTN: SGM Christina Knight, 3423 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Lansing, MI 48906-2934
Point of contact for this announcement:
Name: SGM Christina Knight