MICHIGAN NATIONAL GUARD
Human Resource Office
3423 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Lansing, MI 48906-2906
AIR NATIONAL GUARD
ACTIVE GUARD/RESERVE (AGR) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
|ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 18-60||TOUR LENGTH: INITIAL TOUR FOUR YEARS / CONTINUATION TOUR SIX YEARS|
|OPENING DATE: 07 JUNE 2018||CLOSING DATE: 21 JUNE 2018|
|POSITION TITLE: REMOTELY PILOTED AIRCRAFT (RPA) PILOT
POSITION GRADE: O3/CAPT
POSITION AFSC: 11U3B
|LOCATION: 110TH ATKW BATTLE CREEK, ANGB MI
2 POSITIONS VACANCIES
|WHO CAN APPLY:
MUST BE A COMMISIONED OFFICER, CURRENT AND QUALIFIED MQ-9 REAPER PILOT
AREA 1: ON-BOARD PERMANENT ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AGR) OF THE MICHIGAN AIR NATIONAL GUARD BRING YOUR OWN MAN-YEAR
MINIMUM GRADE O1/2LT
*MAXIMUM GRADE O3/CAPT
AREA 2: OPEN TO ALL CURRENT TRADITIONAL GUARD MEMBERS OF THE MICHIGAN AIR NATIONAL GUARD
MINIMUM GRADE O1/2LT
*MAXIMUM GRADE O3/CAPT
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Plans and prepares for mission.
- Reviews mission tasking, intelligence, and weather information.
- Supervises mission planning, equipment configuration, and crew briefing.
- Ensures ground station and aircraft are preflighted, inspected, loaded, and equipped for mission.
- Operates aircraft and commands crew.
- Operates aircraft controls and equipment.
- Performs, supervises, or directs navigation, surveillance, reconnaissance, and weapons employment operations.
- Conducts or supervises training of crewmembers.
- Ensures operational readiness of crew by conducting or supervising mission specific training.
- Develops plans and policies, monitors operations, and advises commanders.
- Assists commanders and performs staff functions related to this specialty.
- Knowledge is mandatory of theory of flight, air navigation, meteorology, flying directives, aircraft operating procedures, and mission tactics.
- For entry into this specialty, an undergraduate degree specializing in physical sciences, mathematics, administration, or management is desirable.
- The following training is mandatory as indicated:
- For award of AFSC 18X/11U3X, completion of transition and operational training in the suffix specific aircraft.
- For upgrade to AFSC 18X/11U3X, unit commander determines proficiency based on performance, experience, and completion of minimum training requirements.
- The following are mandatory as indicated:
- For award and retention of this AFSC:
- Qualification for air vehicle operator duty according to AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards.
- Current aeronautical rating and no permanent disqualification for aviation service as Pilot.
- For award of AFSC 18X/11U3X, certification of aircraft commander qualification by appropriate operations authority.
- Specialty requires routine access to Top Secret material or similar environment.
- For award and retention of AFSC 18X/11U3X, completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) according to AFI 31-501, Personnel Security Program Management.
- Award of the entry level without a completed SSBI is authorized provided an interim Top Secret security clearance has been granted according to AFI 31-501.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND GENERAL INFORMATION
HOW TO APPLY: Individuals who meet the Duties, Responsibilities, and Special Information Criteria for this position must submit a complete AGR application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. DO NOT send application directly to the HRO Office (hand carry, US Post Office, etc). In the event that an applicant is unable to use the email address provided (I.E. rejection email) or is a deployed Airman without accessibility please call 517-481-7715 and you will be provided additional instructions. Applicants must provide documentation in the event that this occurred (I.E. rejection email).
2. *AT A MINIMUM YOUR PACKET SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
a. COMPLETED NGB FORM 34-1 signed and dated with the job announcement and title. (Do not submit an SF Form 171 or OF 612). Due to personal identifiable information (PII) concerns contained within Air AGR packets, we are requesting that all applications for Air AGR positions omit their home of record and social security number upon submission.
b. Military Personnel Report on Individual Personnel (RIP) from either the vMPF or MilPDS no more than 30 days old.
c. An official fitness score of 75% or higher within 1 year (from the AF portal).
d. Please combine all documents into one PDF file.
*Applications without all the required supporting documentation will not be considered and will not be returned.
3. Applications must be received by 2359 hours on the closing date of this vacancy announcement. Further information may be obtained by contacting the AGR Personnel Office: SSGT Stephanie Bagley 517-481-7715, DSN 623-9715. Prior approval required for last minute faxed applications.
EEO POLICY: The management of AGRs will be free of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin and age IAW ANGI 36-7, ANG Military Equal Opportunity Program.
ENTRY QUALIFICATION PER ANGI 36-101
1. The intent of the AGR program is to assess AFSC qualified individuals. However, any applicant selected who does not possess the AFSC, must sign an agreement to retrain.
2. Enlisted personnel applying for Officer position must be eligible for commissioning upon selection for AGR duty. Assignment to the AGR tour will not become effective until the individual receives a commission in the ANG and as a Reserve of the Air Force.
3. Members selected for AGR tours must meet the physical qualifications outlined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards. Airmen with a DD Form 469, Duty Limiting Condition Report reflected at the time of an AGR physical package evaluation, will not be deemed medically qualified. However, accession of a member is possible as long as the member is medically cleared of any Duty Limitation Code (DLC)/medical profile prior to starting an AGR order.
4. Personnel must have retainability to complete the tour of military duty.
5. Applicants are subject to personal interview upon notification of time and place. Necessary travel will be at the applicant’s own expense.
6. Pregnant females are eligible to apply for AGR tours. If selected, they cannot be appointed and entered on active duty until the pregnancy period has expired.
7. Initial AGR tour orders are probationary. Individuals selected for continuation until retirement and electing Career Status Bonus (CSB) must be extended to the date they will achieve 20 satisfactory active duty years on their AGR orders.
8. Voluntary release from the AGR program prior to completion of tour is contingent upon approval of the Adjutant General of Michigan.