M-Day Statewide Advertisement # 17-008
Closing Date: 16 April 2017
Unit, PRN & Duty Address: MIARNG Medical Detachment (8ZCAA/119) / 4400 E. Eight Mile Road, Detroit, MI 48234
Duty Title: SR Human Resource NCO
Duty MOS: 42A4O
Minimum Rank to Apply: SSG
Eligibility Requirements to be considered for this Position
- Soldiers do not have to be MOS qualified to apply; however, must be able to be awarded the MOS in accordance with DA PAM 611-21.
- Soldiers cannot be under any suspension of favorable actions for any reason, and must have passed the APFT within 14 months and met Height/Weight standards within 8 months of the suspense (closing date).
- Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA.
MOS Specific Requirements:
1a. Physical demands rating: Significant (Gray)
1b. OPAT: A minimum OPAT score of Long Jump (LJ) – 0140 cm, Seated Power Throw (PT) – 0400 cm, Strength Deadlift (SD) – 0140 lbs., and Interval Aerobic Run (IR) – 0040 shuttles in Physical Demand Category in “Significant” (Gray).
- PULHES: 323222
- Vision: N/A
- ASVAB Scores: Qualifying scores. (a) A minimum score of 95 in aptitude area CL in Armed Services Vocational aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January 2002. (b) A minimum score of 92 in aptitude area CL on ASVAB tests administered on and after 2 January 2002 and prior to 1 July 2004. (c) A minimum score of 90 in aptitude area CL on ASVAB tests administered on and after 1 July 2004. (d) As of 1 September 2015, individuals enlisting into this MOS, must have a minimum score of 100 in aptitude area GT.
- Security Clearance: SECRET.
- Civilian Education: N/A
- Other: Formal training (completion of a resident course of instruction for MOS 42A conducted under the auspices of the U.S. Army Adjutant General School) mandatory. Effective 1 June 2013, attendance to formal training is limited to personnel in the rank/grade of SSG/E6 non-promotable and below. Soldiers with contracts or reclassification packets approved prior to 1 April 2013 are excluded from this requirement and will be processed for training. Initial award of MOS 42A is limited to personnel in the ranks of SSG/E6 non-promotable and below.
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying.
- Memorandum to the President of the Board.
- Letter of endorsement from current Commander (Soldiers who have current list status do not need a letter of endorsement).
- GPVS-1790 (Individual Personnel Qualification Record).
- Last three years of DA Form 705 or screen shot from UPS (include updated DA Form 3349 if applicable).
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeds screening table weight or screen shot or UPS Screen shot (within 8 months).
- DA 4187 waiving the normal commuting distance outlined in AR 135-91 (if applicable).
Where to send application:
Mail: MIARNG Medical Detachment, Attn: MSG Allen Beutler, 4400 E. 8 Mile Rd., Detroit, MI 48234
Point of contact for this announcement:
Name: MSG Beutler, Allen