M-Day Statewide Advertisement # 17-095
Closing Date: 28 October 2017
Unit, PRN & Duty Address: 146 Multifunctional Medical Battalion, WP36AA/666, 7400 S. Huron River Dr., Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Duty Title: Senior Optical Lab NCO
Duty MOS: 68H4O
Minimum Rank to Apply: SGT
Eligibility Requirements to be considered for this Position
- Soldiers do not have to be MOS qualified to apply; however, must be able to be awarded the MOS in accordance with DA PAM 611-21.
- Soldiers cannot be under any suspension of favorable actions for any reason, and must have passed the APFT within 14 months and met Height/Weight standards within 8 months of the suspense (closing date).
- Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA.
MOS Specific Requirements:
1a. Physical demands rating: Moderately Heavy- Lift occasional 80lb, Frequent 40 lb.
1b. OPAT: Gold/Moderate
- PULHES: 323222
- Vision: No specific requirements
- ASVAB Scores: A minimum score of 100 in aptitude area GM in ASVAB tests administered prior to 02 January 2002. A minimum score of 97 in aptitude area GM in ASVAB tests administered on or after 02 January 2002 and prior to 01 July 2004. A minimum score of 98 in aptitude area GM in ASVAB tests administered on or after 01 July 2004.
- Security Clearance: None required
- Civilian Education: Applicants must have 1 year of high school Algebra OR 1 semester of College Algebra with a final grade of “C” or numerical grade of 74% or higher. Pre-Algebra courses are not acceptable for credit. Official high school/college transcripts are required to be included in the application.
- Other: The Optical Laboratory Specialist, 68H, course is 24 weeks in length. The course will provide necessary knowledge of ophthalmic optics, ocular anatomy and physiology, optical laboratory supply and administration, and optical laboratory procedures sufficient to completely fabricate and dispense prescription military eyewear in both fixed and field environments. The Service Remaining requirement upon completion of this course is 20 months.
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying.
- Memorandum to the President of the Board.
- Letter of endorsement from current Commander (Soldiers who have current list status do not need a letter of endorsement).
- GPVS-1790 (Individual Personnel Qualification Record).
- Last three years of DA Form 705 or screen shot from UPS (include updated DA Form 3349 if applicable).
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeds screening table weight or screen shot or UPS Screen shot (within 18 months).
- DA 4187 waiving the normal commuting distance outlined in AR 135-91 (if applicable).
- Other: Applicants must have completed 1 year of high school Algebra OR 1 semester of College Algebra with a final grade of “C” or numerical grade of 74% or higher. Pre-Algebra courses are not acceptable for credit. Official high school/college transcripts are required to be included in the application. -Last 3 years of NCOERs. A Memorandum for Record (MFR) should be submitted to explain missing NCOERs. Letters of Recommendation can be submitted in addition to 3 years of NCOERs or in place of missing NCOERs. -All Soldiers are reminded to review their electronic military records on iPERMS (accessible through AKO). Records review boards are completed through iPERMS, not DA 201 files. It is the responsibility of every Soldier to ensure their iPERMS file is complete and accurate. -Late or incomplete packets will be returned without action.
Where to send application:
Mail: 146 MMB S-1 Office: ATTN: SSG Alexis Johnson; 7400 S. Huron River Dr., Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Point of contact for this announcement:
Name: SSG Alexis M. Johnson, 146 MMB BN PSNCO