M-Day Statewide Advertisement # 17-135
Closing Date: 31 December 2017
Unit, PRN & Duty Address: CO B BSTB 37IBCT(X5LB0/387), 3411 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Lansing, MI 48906
Duty Title: SIGINT ANALYST
Duty MOS: 35N2O
Minimum Rank to Apply: SPC
Eligibility Requirements to be considered for this Position
1. Soldiers must be MOS qualified to apply.
2. Soldiers cannot be under any suspension of favorable actions for any reason, and must have passed the APFT within 14 months and met Height/Weight standards within 8 months of the suspense (closing date).
3. Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA.
MOS Specific Requirements:
1a. Physical demands rating: Moderate
1b. OPAT: Moderate
2. PULHES: 222221
3. Vision: Normal Color Vision
4. ASVAB Scores: (a) A minimum score of 116 in aptitude area ST on Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January 2002. (b) A minimum score of 112 in aptitude area ST on ASVAB tests administered on and after 2 January 2002
5. Security Clearance: The Soldier must meet TOP SECRET (TS) Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access eligibility requirements to be awarded MOS. Soldiers must be capable of passing a counterintelligence scope polygraph (CSP) to hold the MOS. Soldiers who refuse to take or fail a CSP will be reclassified.
6. Civilian Education: A high school graduate or equivalent.
7. Other: a) No record of conviction by court-martial. b) No record of conviction by a civil court for any offense other than minor traffic violations. C) Must be a U.S. citizen. d) Successfully completed (and able to show proof of credit by official transcript) 1 year of high school algebra, (or GED equivalent) or 1 semester of college algebra. e) Never been a member of the U.S. Peace Corps, except as specified in AR 614-200 (para 3-2). f) No information in military personnel, Provost Marshal, intelligence, or medical records that would prevent the granting of security eligibility under AR 380-67 (para 3.401.a). g) Soldier and spouse must not have immediate family members that reside in a country where within its boundaries, physical or mental coercion is known to be common practice either against—(a) Persons accused of or acting in the interest of the U.S. or (b) The relatives of such persons to whom they may reasonably be considered to be bound by ties of affection, kinship, or obligation. Immediate family for both Soldier and spouse includes both blood and step-: parents, spouse, children, sisters, brothers, any sole living blood relative, or a person in loco parentis per AR 600-8-10. h) Have neither commercial nor vested interest in a country within whose boundaries physical or mental coercion is known to be a common practice against persons acting in the interest of the U.S. This requirement applies to the Soldier’s spouse as well. i) Meet career management and development criteria contained in AR 614-200 (Para 6-3) and Army Training Requirements and Resources System Course Catalog. j) Formal training (completion of MOS 35N1O producing course conducted under the auspices of the U.S. Army Intelligence Center of Excellence (USAICOE), Ft Huachuca, AZ) is mandatory. k) Be advised that due to the nature of training and assignments, temporary restrictions may be placed on foreign travel both during and after the term of service.
1. Copy of the SWVA for which applying.
2. Memorandum to the President of the Board.
3. Letter of endorsement from current Commander (Soldiers who have current list status do not need a letter of endorsement).
4. GPVS-1790 (Individual Personnel Qualification Record).
5. Last three years of DA Form 705 or screen shot from UPS (include updated DA Form 3349 if applicable).
6. DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeds screening table weight or screen shot or UPS Screen shot (within 18 months).
7. DA 4187 waiving the normal commuting distance outlined in AR 135-91 (if applicable).
8. Other: Copy of Soldier Record Brief (SRB) with most current aptitude scores. 9. Copy of latest three NCOER’s. If you do not have a minimum of three NCOERs, a letter of recommendation or written performance evaluation (within 30 days of closing date) from Soldier’s Commander or military supervisor. 10. Statement from Commander/authorized representative indicating applicant is not under current suspension of favorable actions, signed within 30 days of closing date. 11. Copy of civilian education/self-improvement documents (ex. High school diploma, college degree/transcripts, etc.) 12. Copy of documentation showing military education completed for MOS-T, NCOES or career development training (ex. DA 1059, DA 87)
Where to send application:
Mail: CO B BSTB 37IBCT, ATTN: SFC Maniaci, 3411 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Lansing, MI 48906
Point of contact for this announcement:
Name: SFC Maniaci, Nickolas A.
Phone: (517) 481-8124