M-Day Statewide Advertisement # 17-100
Closing Date: 28 October 2017
Unit, PRN & Duty Address: DET 1 CO B BSTB 37IBCT, (X5LB1/382), Grayling Army Airfield BLDG 1194, Grayling, MI 49739
Duty Title: UAS SERGEANT
Duty MOS: 15W3O
Minimum Rank to Apply: SGT
Eligibility Requirements to be considered for this Position
- Soldiers must be MOS qualified to apply.
- Soldiers cannot be under any suspension of favorable actions for any reason, and must have passed the APFT within 14 months and met Height/Weight standards within 8 months of the suspense (closing date).
- Soldiers without a current PHA will be considered for the position; however, will not be promoted until completion of an approved PHA.
MOS Specific Requirements:
1a. Physical demands rating: Significant (Gray)
1b. OPAT: Significant (Gray).
- PULHES: 222221
- Vision: Normal Color Vision
- ASVAB Scores: (a) A minimum score of 105 in aptitude area SC in Armed Services Vocational aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January 2002. (b) A minimum score of 102 in aptitude area SC on ASVAB tests administered on and after 2 January 2002.
- Security Clearance: A security eligibility of SECRET is required prior to attendance/arrival for training, initial award of the MOS and to maintain the MOS. An interim SECRET security access granted by CCF meets this requirement.
- Civilian Education: A high school graduate or equivalent.
- Other: (1) Complete, pass and maintain the Army Class IV medical physical prior to requesting and/or granting the MOS to the soldier and his attendance/arrival to training/school. Not required to complete or pass the Type II decompression sickness/chamber training requirement. (2) Reclassification: Must meet the above qualifications and all prerequisites IAW AR 614-200 Chapter 3-19 and AR 40-501 Chapter 3. MOS 15W is closed to individuals in the grade SGT or above unless they have previously held MOS 15W/35K/96U for a minimum of 12 months at skill level 1 or 2, 18 months at skill level 3 or 24 months at skill level 4. (c) Alcohol and drug abuse as defined below will disqualify any Soldier or potential enlistee from this MOS. This disqualification will not be waived, even though the Soldier/potential enlistee satisfactorily completes the Army Substance Abuse Program (ASAP) or a civilian equivalent, except as specified below: (a) A medically diagnosed history of alcohol abuse as defined in the substance use disorder section of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, 4th Edition, 2000 “text revision” (DSM-IV) (http://www.psych.org/MainMenu/Research/DSMIV.aspx) is disqualifying. Cdr, HRC may waive this disqualification after a Soldier/potential enlistee in this MOS successfully completes the Army ASAP Education, out-patient or inpatient programs or its civilian equivalent, based on the recommendations of the chain of command and the Cdr, USA Aeromedical Center. A Soldier/potential enlistee who completes any aspect of ASAP and is involved in an additional offense involving alcohol or alcohol abuse will be immediately reclassified or denied enlistment in this MOS as a high risk. (b) Except as provided in (e) below, a wrongful or improper use of narcotic or other controlled substance or dangerous drug as defined by Title 21 United States Code (USC) Controlled Substances Act, Section 801, et seq, (http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/21usc/801.htm) is disqualifying. (c) A positive result of urine test administered per AR 600-85 The Army Substance Abuse Program, that leads to medical evaluation and a finding of “no diagnosis apparent, improper use” is disqualifying. (d) Except as provided in (e) below, a documented instance of the use, sale, transfer, possession, or manufacture of any narcotic or other controlled substance or dangerous drug as defined by 21 USC 801, et seq, is disqualifying. A documented instance includes conviction by any courts martial or any civilian court. Convictions include juvenile adjudication, non judicial punishment under Article 15, UCMJ, or voluntary confession after proper rights warning according to Article 31(b), UCMJ. (e) A Soldier or potential enlistee will not be disqualified for teenage civilian experimentation with marijuana or other cannabinoids disclosed in voluntary confessions of drug experimentation documented solely by information obtained from DD Form (SF) 2808 Report of Medical Examination or DD Form (SF) 2807-2 Medical Prescreen of Medical History Report. (Experimentation is defined as one time use or casual use over a short period of time resulting from peer pressure.) The use disclosed must have occurred prior to the individual’s 18th birthday, and prior to enlistment in any armed force. MOS closed for reclassification to Soldiers who have been deemed permanently non-deployable in accordance with AR 614-30, AR 40-501, AR 220-1 and AR 600-8-101. Soldiers must meet the minimum criteria for retainability stated in AR 600-60, paragraph 4-2(b) and be fully deployable to all locations and echelons.
- Copy of the SWVA for which applying.
- Memorandum to the President of the Board.
- Letter of endorsement from current Commander (Soldiers who have current list status do not need a letter of endorsement).
- GPVS-1790 (Individual Personnel Qualification Record).
- Last three years of DA Form 705 or screen shot from UPS (include updated DA Form 3349 if applicable).
- DA Form 5500/5501 if exceeds screening table weight or screen shot or UPS Screen shot (within 18 months).
- DA 4187 waiving the normal commuting distance outlined in AR 135-91 (if applicable).
- Other: (a) Copy of Soldier Record Brief (SRB) with most current aptitude scores. (b) Copy of latest three NCOER’s. If you do not have a minimum of three NCOERs, a letter of recommendation or written performance evaluation (within 30 days of closing date) from Soldier’s Commander or military supervisor. (c) Statement from Commander/authorized representative indicating applicant is not under current suspension of favorable actions, signed within 30 days of closing date. (d) Copy of civilian education/self-improvement documents (ex. High school diploma, college degree/transcripts, etc.) (e) Copy of documentation showing military education completed for MOS-T, NCOES or career development training (ex. DA 1059, DA 87)
Where to send application:
Mail: CO B BSTB 37IBCT, Attn: SFC Maniaci, 3411 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd Lansing, MI 48906
Point of contact for this announcement:
Name: SFC Maniaci, Nickolas A.
Phone: (517) 481-8124